PhD Candidate for Interactive Intelligence
Research Project: Developing principles for the design and review of digital interventions in mental healthcare: a multi-perspective approach.
University of Applied Science, Utrecht (Hogeschool Utrecht), Netherlands
- User experience research and design: technology adoption in mental healthcare, suicide prevention and maternal health
- Artificial intelligence design: conversational agents in mental healthcare
- Bulk SMS system development for child nutrition and maternal health
- Lecturer- Big Data and Design: Research methods & inclusive design thinking.
- Creative writing research coach for the Master Data Driven Design
Junior Research Officer for TIMSS 2023 Project
- Quality control, verification, and coordination of translated study materials to and from participating countries
- Assist in the coordination of verification tasks with the external translation agency
- Data management of study related data using Excel
- Translation system testing (Assessment Maser & IEA Study Expert) and preparation of system manual
- Assist in copy editing communication materials for publications and internal use
Mining Engineer and Data Analyst
- Developed, conducted, and analyzed varied research on mining operations and policies with findings used in operational improvements.
- Analyzed, modelled, and interpreted data from curated research using Kobotoolbox and Microsoft Tools (Excel, Power BI)
- Developed technical reports and conducted field research for various projects implementation
- Created functional and technical research applications in Python
- Research market trends which were used to developed high-impact creative projects from concept to completion which resulted to 60% increase in user engagement in 3 months.
- Prepared all design layouts into prepress files for web and digital printing which now serves as company blueprint.
- Evaluated and contributed to creative team ideas and translated into actionable project plans resulting in 55% increase in revenue.
TV & Radio Presenter
- Conducted media research on trends to produce programs (socio-political, entertainment) and events for user engagement promotion
- Investigated important community issues and produced well-received reports such as the March 2018 Presidential and Parliamentary elections
- Performed live and taped interviews and reports to obtain information and engage with audience.
Mining Engineering Intern
- Conducted desk and field research on global mining operations
- Delivered clerical and administrative support by efficiently handling a range of routine and special requirements using Microsoft Office Tools.
- Analyzed various Lease agreements data using Excel and participated in diamond and gold evaluation using the Kimberley certification process.
- Assisted in the supervision and inspection of mining processes
Master of Arts: Data-Driven Design: CGPA 4.00
- Graduated with Merit
- Best Thesis Project: How can a conversational agent be used to detect suicide ideation amongst people with mental disorders (using Python and Machine Learning algorithms)
- Second Best Prototype: PsyKey: A suicide detection and prevention chatbot
- Conducted several user-centred data-driven research in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, UX Research & Design, Human Psychology, Data Science, Blockchain Technology among others
- Conducted UX research and usability testing for Noldus Group usability tools.
- Conducted data collection, analysis, and visualization.
- Developed machine learning algorithms, dashboards and UX designs (prototypes)
- Student Member of Instituutsraad Instituut voor Media
BSc (Hons) Software Engineering with Multimedia: GPA 3.90 *)
- Sierra Leone Excellence Grant-Aid Scholarship
BEng Mining and Mineral Engineering
- Graduated with Honours with 3.00 GPA
- Best Dissertation Topic (2019): The Prediction of Blast Vibrations using Peak Particle Velocity
- Professional development completed in Mining Law